10 Color HDX Advantages
The HDX offers extended color gamut via improved 10 color ink system, the HDX ink is available in two different ink formulations, one with Epson's light light black ink and the other a new violet ink. The HDX inks are newly formulated and use new resin coatings and can produce a much denser black than previously possible. Designed for professional printing, the 17" SureColor P5000 Series offers enhanced reliability, exceptional color gamut and print permanence on roll and sheet-fed media with UltraChrome HDX pigment inks.
In fact the pigment density of the Photo Black ink is 1.5x greater than that of the UltraChrome K3 and HDR formulations. The new ink formulation allows the pigments to sit much closer to the surface of the paper. The extra density extends the dynamic range of the machines, allowing them to produce a broader range of tones and to create prints that have greater contrast.
Available in three variations
The HDX ink is available in two different ink formulations, one with Epson's light light black ink and the other a new violet ink. Note that once the ink set is initialized in the P Series Printer, it hard sets the printer to that ink set.
Optimized for Photo and Print permanence. Photo Black, Cyan, Vivid Magenta,
Yellow, Light Cyan, Vivid Light Magenta, Light Black, Light Light Black, Matte Black, Orange and Green. Inkset Optimized for Photo and print permanence. (Standard
Edition includes Light Light Black)
Optimized for broadest range of Pantone Color Gamut. Photo Black, Cyan, Vivid Magenta,
Yellow, Light Cyan, Vivid Light Magenta, Light Black, Violet, Matte Black, Orange and Green. (Commercial Edition includes Violet)
Offers all the features of the Standard Edition, plus it includes EFI® Fiery® eXpress for Epson, a software RIP with true Adobe® PostScript® 3™ for accurate CMYK and spot color printing. Inkset Optimized for Photo and Print permanence. Photo Black, Cyan, Vivid Magenta,
Yellow, Light Cyan, Vivid Light Magenta, Light Black, Light Light Black, Matte Black, Orange and Green. (Standard
Edition includes Light Light Black)
Why current Epson owners should consider upgrading
• New PrecisionCore TFP Print head technology. The SureColor P-Series delivers consistent, high-performance with variable size ink droplet technology as small as 3.5 picoliters for remarkable print quality. New enhancements include a new wave form, improving dot placement and accuracy. User-scheduled cleaning cycles will improve print head health.
• Lower Ink Costs: Ink costs have bumped up on the older cartridges. Resulting in higher cost per ML on the 4000, 7600 and 9600 printers.
• Clean in color Pairs: Selective head cleanings based on color pairs. In addition, the printer can selectively clean two color pairs at a time so you do not need to waste ink cleaning the entire printer head.
• Photo & matte black now both on board: No more purging lines to swap between photo and matte black. Photo & matte black now both on board to allow switching without countless ink loss.
• Greater color gamut coupled with improved screening and head technology brings your work to life in a whole new light.
What is included with your printer?
• Set of initial ink cartridges – 11 x 80 mL high-capacity: Photo Black, Cyan, Vivid Magenta,
Yellow, Light Cyan, Vivid Light Magenta, Light Black, Matte Black, Orange and Green (Standard
Edition includes Light Light Black; Commercial Edition includes Violet)
• User Guide Kit (documentation and 1-year limited warranty statement)
• Roll media adapters, printer stand, fabric catch bin, power cord
• Your printer will include a full 80ml set of inks
• Printer drivers for Mac & PC available for download on Epson.com
• One-year of coverage under the Epson Preferred protection plan
• AZTEK includes with your printer purchase a sample media guide that will make future paper selections much easier. Also included with you purchase is shipping FREE of charge when shipping within the U.S.