10 Color HDX Advantages
The HDX offers extended color gamut via improved 10 color ink system, the HDX ink is available in two different ink formulations, one with Epson's light light black ink and the other a new violet ink. The HDX inks are newly formulated and use new resin coatings and can produce a much denser black than previously possible.
In fact the pigment density of the Photo Black ink is 1.5x greater than that of the UltraChrome K3 and HDR formulations. The new ink formulation allows the pigments to sit much closer to the surface of the paper. The extra density extends the dynamic range of the machines, allowing them to produce a broader range of tones and to create prints that have greater contrast.
Available in two variations
The HDX ink is available in two different ink formulations, one with Epson's light light black ink and the other a new violet ink. Note that once the ink set is initialized in the P Series Printer, it hard sets the printer to that ink set.
Optimized for Photo. Photo Black, Cyan, Vivid Magenta,
Yellow, Light Cyan, Vivid Light Magenta, Light Black, Light Light Black, Matte Black, Orange and Green. (Standard
Edition includes Light Light Black)
Optimized for broadest range of Pantone Color Gamut. Photo Black, Cyan, Vivid Magenta,
Yellow, Light Cyan, Vivid Light Magenta, Light Black, Violet, Matte Black, Orange and Green. (Commercial Edition includes Violet)
Why current Epson owners should consider upgrading
• New PrecisionCore TFP Print head technology. The SureColor P-Series delivers consistent, high-performance with variable size ink droplet technology as small as 3.5 picoliters for remarkable print quality. New enhancements include a new wave form, improving dot placement and accuracy. User-scheduled cleaning cycles will improve print head health.
• Lower Ink Costs: Ink costs have bumped up on the older cartridges. Resulting in higher cost per ML on the 4000, 7600 and 9600 printers.
• Flex your Ink Costs: (Sure Color Printers 6000-9000 models) Select from 3 different ink capacities, now 150ml 350ml or 700ml ink sizes. Scale your ink costs that you need and not waste
• Clean in color Pairs: Selective head cleanings based on color pairs. In addition, the printer can selectively clean two color pairs at a time so you do not need to waste ink cleaning the entire printer head.
• Photo & matte black now both on board: No more purging lines to swap between photo and matte black. Photo & matte black now both on board to allow switching without countless ink loss.
• Greater color gamut coupled with improved screening and head technology brings your work to life in a whole new light.
What is included with your printer?
• Set of initial ink cartridges – 11 x 110 mL high-capacity: Photo Black, Cyan, Vivid Magenta,
Yellow, Light Cyan, Vivid Light Magenta, Light Black, Matte Black, Orange and Green (Standard
Edition includes Light Light Black; Commercial Edition includes Violet)
• User Guide Kit (documentation and 1-year limited warranty statement)
• Roll media adapters, printer stand, fabric catch bin, power cord
• Your printer will include a full 110ml set of inks
• Printer drivers for Mac & PC available for download on Epson.com
• One-year of coverage under the Epson Preferred protection plan
• AZTEK includes with your printer purchase a sample media guide that will make future paper selections much easier. Also included with you purchase is shipping FREE of charge when shipping within the U.S.